- Surveillance keeps expanding yet threats still slip through, even when threats are detected they often don't have the means to prevent it.
- It isn't actually that effective, in 2013 only 2 out of 50 threats were stopped.
- The Edward Snowden leaks show the NSA targets non terrorist organisations such as Amnesty International.
- It promotes conformism, obediance and submission. How do we expand and learn? It stops people from experimenting with controversial ideas, and preserves tradition.
- Being able to see what people do online could destroy net neutrality.
- Surveillance is not necessarily used by good people.
- We all have a basic right to privacy, as we do freedom of speech. Mass Surveillance is an infringment of our rights.